Friday, 11 January 2013

Haroun And The Sea Of Stories - Character Development

This week I've been designing characters for my final major project, for which I have decided I'm going to create pages for a picture book adaptation of Salman Rushdie's Haroun And The Sea Of Stories.



The story has a LOT of interesting characters (see above list), and they're all ones I'm looking forward to drawing and I'm also determined to include them all... somehow.
Anyway, here are some of the pages from my sketchbook so far -


Rashid The Storyteller



Iff The Water Genie


Butt The Mechanical Hoopoe


I took inspiration from some of Shaun Tan's work for the Hoopoe.


Mali The Floating Gardener - here I like to think he's saying 'OH GOD MY HANDS ARE DANDELIONS'

Next on the list are a couple of talkative fish that are covered in mouths and only speak in rhyme. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment